I’ve been trying to sleep for nearly two hours now, and having absolutely no luck. I’m going through some inner struggles related to work and expectations. And it’s robbing me of the Peace required to turn off my brain and sleep.
@marlojen from Twitter suggested I count my blessings instead of sheep.
A wonderful suggestion, so here I go.
I’m so blessed
– to have a job at all, my mil has been searching almost two years and nada
– to be married to the right man
– to be a mom, and to love it as much as I do
– that we have a house, as much as I complain about it (which I should do less)
– to have hobbies and interests that challenge me
– by my restored relationship with my family, it was rocky for a long time
– to live in Canada, as much as I joke I’d rather live in the UK, this is a pretty great place
– to be alive, truly alive and not sleepwalking through my life
– to be loved, despite my myriad of faults
– to have a Savior who put all this together before the world began
“We are so afraid of losing what we have… But this fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories, and the history of the world, were written by the same hand.”
The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho